Everyone knows that smoking is a dangerous and expensive habit. The problem is that it is also highly addictive, making quitting a battle of wills with your own body. It’s not hopeless though — with help and the willingness to put in the effort, people are able to quit every day. If you are wondering how to quit smoking, you are not alone.
How to Quit Smoking Cigarettes
1. If you are thinking about quitting, make an appointment with your doctor. Many medical options exist that can help you ease the cravings and make the process easier. From medications like Chantix and Zyban to quit smoking aids like gum, lozenges, patches and other systems, your doctor has suggestions to help you. Plus, having someone who you know will be strongly on your side will really help!
2. Tell everyone you know that you are planning to quit and set a date for yourself. You will find yourself surrounded by people who care and will be highly supportive in your endeavors. You will also be accountable to these people, which will help you stay on track.
3. Create a quit jar. Smoking is extremely expensive and the price of a pack of cigarettes continues to rise. You might be surprised to find how much money you are spending to support this habit. Put the money you would have spent on smokes into the quit jar. Tally it at the end of the first week. Use that money to treat yourself to something fantastic. You have earned it!
4. Find some new haunts. If your old hang-out place was somewhere smoking was allowed, find a new non-smoking place to spend time. Being around other people who smoke is going to make it more difficult to stick to your guns.
5. If you continue to have problems, consider some alternative therapy methods that are available and work for many people, including hypnotherapy, acupuncture and low-level laser therapy. Think these sound expensive? Count up the amount of money you spend every year on cigarettes and compare. Keep in mind the costs of emphysema or cancer treatment as well, and suddenly these therapies will seem like a bargain.
As impossible as quitting might seem, it can be done. Talk to your friends. Odds are that one of them has quit in the past year. That person will be more than happy to share their secrets with you and support you on your mission.
Find Out How To Quit Smoking Today Without The Use Of Patches, Pills, Gums, Or Spray Get Your Free Video Here http://www.videos.stopsmokingtips.co