High blood pressure or hypertension is a well known disease that has affected millions. The disease is often known as the silent killer as the persons suffering from it mostly remain unaware of it unless they face some serious consequences. The main culprit undoubtedly lies on the modern day life style and the unhealthy eating habits.
The blood flowing through our body exerts a certain amount of pressure on the blood vessels and heart. If this pressure increases and not controlled the heart has to work more and the arteries can weaken leading to heart attacks, strokes which can be fatal in many cases. Initial symptoms of hypertension start with dizziness, severe headaches and sometimes a feeling of nausea. Generally overweight and obese persons and those undergoing tremendous stress and tension fall a prey to this disease. Sometimes genetic factors also count in inheriting hypertension.
Natural Cures for Hypertension
It is always preferable to control the disease through natural remedies without the intervention of drugs. Drugs not only invite side effects, but the intake of drugs once started has to be continued throughout the life and one has to be totally dependent on them to control high blood pressure. There are many natural remedies one can opt for, few of which are listed below:
1. Low sodium and a low fat diet must be followed by those suffering from hypertension.
2. Garlic is most commonly used in cooking and is very helpful in improving the blood circulation by lowering the blood cholesterol and triglycerides. Chewing few cloves of garlic in the morning can be beneficial.
3. The bark of Arjuna tree helps in reducing blood pressure and heart rate.
4. Herbs like Sankhapushpi and Ashwagandha protects the cardio vascular system and strengthens the heart muscles.
5. The leaves, flowers and berries of Hawthorn combat mild hypertension. It improves the function of the heart and reduces the irregular heart beat.
6. Extract of parsley leaves if taken regularly can be helpful in lowering high blood pressure. The elements in the leaves help to maintain the capillaries, arteries in a healthy condition improving the blood circulation in the body.
7. Taking juices of raw vegetables like carrots, spinach that are rich in vitamins helps in keeping the blood pressure in control. Taking a glass of juice separately or in combination in morning and evening gives best results.
Much emphasis should be on the change in life style and diet along with the natural treatments to control this disease. Only adopting the natural cures will be not of great help if the basic diet and the life style remain faulty.